Friday, June 23, 2006

smoking cigarettes = the stupidest habit i've ever had

i've been cleaning out my UW email for the last few days. one email that caught my attention was dated october 19, 2005, and was sent from me to sarah. it read:
    by the time i begin walking home, i will have smoked the last cigarette of my life.
eight months ago, i smoked my last cigarette. stopping smoking cigarettes, after eight years of a horrific, deadly, and stupid habit, was one of my all-time best decisions ever.

today, i crave a cigarette like i crave a piece of asphalt.

6 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger kq said...

i can, in fact, think of one other stupid habit that involved the grad lounge in toliver hall and that is all i am typing.

just joking. well 30% joking.

seriously googs, i am pleased that you stopped smoking cigarettes. it might mean that we get to keep you around for another couple of months + years.

good luck purging.

 
At 6/23/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger George H. Williams said...

Wait a minute...didn't I know you for a good chunk of those 8 years? How come I never saw you smoking?

You are, apparently, a stealth smoker.

 
At 6/23/2006 9:59 AM, Blogger david silver said...

kq: i have spotty memories of toliver hall and even spottier memories of what went down in the grad lounge. i deny it categorically. or at least deny 30% of it.

george: totally. i knew smoking cigarettes was stupid and so in my quest to appear as a generally smart person i was a stealth smoker. when working at mith, i'd go through great lengths to hide my habit, especially from martha nell! just ask jason: i used to carry a toothbrush and toothpaste nearly everywhere i'd go.

 
At 6/23/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger sarah said...

smartest move and coolest email.
ever.

i kept it, too.

 
At 6/25/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger MM said...

I'm 101 hours smoke-free. Here's to willpower --

 
At 6/25/2006 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROCK ON MM!!!

all i can advise is this: the 102nd hour without smoking is a lot easier than the 101st hour which was a lot easier than the 100th hour, etc etc etc.

let me know if you want to talk via the phone. or let me know if i can help in any way possible.

ROCK ON mm!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home